Tuesday 9 September 2008

Graphic Design


Okay, a little while since I've updated my blog as I've been busy with work. I've created logo designs, stationary, business cards, brochures, comp slips and letterheads. Unfortunatly I'm unable to show some of this work yet as requested by clients in there contracts but all in all everything is going very well at Alight, and I'm very pleased with my work.

I've learnt an incredible amount about design, right from the initial stages through to the printing. My knowledge of Pantone and using Spot Colours has made me a better designer and I've found it very interesting researching various different papers, emboss effects and metallic film finishes involved in print. It's especially helpful to know this if a client requests 100% recycled paper if they want there business to be known as a green company.

Other work that I have been involved in is initial front end web design and passing this work onto a .net developer to code it and give it the functionality and accessibility through all web browsers.

Sitting infront of Illustrator, Indesign, and Photoshop 9 hours a day doesn't half make you a lot more confident in your work. I pretty much know every shortcut and trick going which is very handy and I recommend getting to know them as this can speed things up immensely if you are into design work ofcourse.

I've been offered a part time position at work throughout my final year of university and a job when I graduate which is fantastic news.

Below are some initial visuals of a website I've created for my uncles business, the site will incorporate MooFX's to add interactivity without damaging SEO or accessibility options.

No comments: