Monday 12 May 2008

Music Production

Below show's a track I have been working on recently, the percussion was programmed with multiple samples edited, messing with adsr setting's and compression. I have recently been trying to learn some very simple piano chords and scales from websites.

I created the piano sound using a plugin called LizardLounge, the chords where played using a midi keyboard this recorded the notes into Ableton Live, this plugin basically replicates the sounds of old Fender Rhodes, Wurli's, and Hammond Organs, as well as standard pianos. This suits the deep house sound, which primarily relies on old soul and funk samples, such as vocal edits and guitar/piano loops. I created the bass using Spectrasonics Trilogy and a basic Sine Wave I programmed in a synth.

I would really like to work with a vocalist one day to get some original material down rather than sampling old records as well. Other software that was used was the Waves Package, which includes compressors, limiters, eq, reverb and various other effects.

No comments: