Wednesday 25 February 2009

Client Project Proposal


Client Analysis

The Underground is a non-profit television series broadcast across UK and Europe on Propeller TV (SKY 195). Focusing on the electronic music scene, each show includes interviews with some of the best DJs, producers and promoters in the industry. With a brand new episode each month on SKY repeated weekly and on-demand at youtube.com, if you are a clubber, DJ, producer or just a music fan, “The Underground” is one show you cannot miss.’ (www.undergroundtv.co.uk)

I have been asked to design and develop an authored DVD Rom, with original music, and online press kit for Underground TV Show broadcast on Propeller TV. This authored interactive DVD Rom will feature content from the upcoming ‘Underground TV Tour’ taking place in Manchester, Sheffield and Nottingham in February, this tour is designed to promote venues, and spread The Underground’s brand. I’ve been asked to design the DVD menu and the fold out card booklet the DVD will be housed in.

I will also be shooting the tour and editing the footage to be put onto the DVD. This will include information about the tour and everyone who’s involved with it. My aim is to improve the brand awareness of The Underground through Multimedia Design.

Hello Underground TV

As discussed in our meeting I have put together this proposal outlining the necessary Multimedia solutions I can provide for you. I have outlined some initial ideas for the direction of the design and functionality of your proposed Authored DVD, Online Press Kit and Title Sequence.

The quality of the design and execution of everything I produce for you is essential for Underground TV to ensure continued success in the future. With your proposed Multimedia package it is important to have a continuous brand identity throughout; this convergence will help Underground TV look professional in the modern market.

With your Authored DVD (inc. original audio soundtrack), Online Press Kit and Title Sequence, the important things to bear in mind are your design needs. I will therefore build an authored animated DVD menu which is professional in appearance, well built and easy to navigate. This will come complete with full brand packaging and a small description booklet outlining the content of the DVD, as well as an online press kit.

When we start the project I will arrange a meeting to refine the specifications of all Aspects of your requirements. I will then send you a copy of the specification along with Terms and Conditions.

It is important that you supply all the information I will need on the project, your key demographic and some pieces of Multimedia work you like and dislike. As discussed in our meeting the more content you provide for me will help to ensure that I can produce a product that you have in mind.

If you have any questions in regards to this proposal please give me a call and I will be happy to talk you through any queries you may have.

Design Phase

Beginning with the overall artistic direction, it’s important to emphasise the demographic of your TV Show. My skills in Audio Visual Production will help create a look and feel in your DVD product that highlights what The Underground is all about. The agreed designs will work across both web and print mediums giving you a strong identity.

The desired look and feel for what you hope to achieve is very much something I appreciate and understand. I will work closely with you throughout this project to help create your Multimedia product so it can be functional, efficient, and clean with a strong brand identity.

My objectives will be to design and develop the DVD, help shoot footage of the tour and edit the footage and produce the online press kit along with original audio for a complete multimedia package.

Kind Regards,



David Gowans

No comments: