Friday 27 February 2009

Client Project Shoot Evaluation


During my shoot I took some photography to document it, shooting in the
se conditions is a very difficult task indeed, particularly with the minimal lighting available (I really wished I had a Pag Light), the setup of my interviews went well however it was frustrating as well because most of the DJ's don't have a lot of time especially when their flying off to Berlin in the early hours immediately after a gig.

This meant I had to be quick in setting up the camera and directing my crew, this unfortunately meant I didn't have time to swap the camera round to different angles as it threw my interviewers off their questions a little, so I decided to setup in one position. However I don't think this is as much of a problem with the amount of cutaways I got.

Overall I'd say the shoot went well and was a good experience, If I was to do it again I would most certainly have got a much smaller secondary camera for someone to use for different angles, I found that having 2 HDV's wasn't necessary as their large and just slow things down! However for the scratching section it was absolutely necessary to have one setup stationary whilst the other was handled by hand.

My crew was as follows:

Me: Director/Main Camera Operator/Interviewer
Svetozar Lebedeyev: Secondary Camera Operator
Michael Mclardy: H&S and Sound Engineer. He ensured that all cables were taped down so that there would be no accidents and that the audio levels didnt clip.



No comments: